I don't know about you guys, but the last month and a half has flown by! I blinked and now, it's nearly August, the humidity is oppressive, college football is right around the corner and I'm looking at the calendar for the Fall to determine when I need to ask for leave for a mini-vacay. It seems like just yesterday Laurie and I were camping out for Memorial Day Weekend!
This weekend, one of my best friends in the world, Anna, was up here visiting, so I didn't really dig too deeply into the CSA box. I've been eating pretty healthy lately, so this weekend was a big splurge for me. We picked up Lost Dog (my favorite sandwich place) and picnicked while watching How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days outside in Rosslyn and brunched at some awesome spots in Alexandria (chicken and waffles is all I can say), so the only meal I really cooked was Saturday night.
Since Laurie worked late last night, I was bored and decided to make Mexican pizza with the leftover fajita stuff from Saturday. I wish I could share the recipe with you, but I simply threw shrimp and onions in a pan, toasted tortillas, added a little shredded cheese and topped with pico de gallo and a fennel, cabbage and radish slaw I made this weekend. Sometimes the simplest things are the best, and I love playing "Chopped kitchen".
I also made pickles last night, and I promise I'll share the recipe with you tomorrow if they're any good. We're starting to have the same problem with cucumbers that we did last month with lettuce - way too much! It's my first time making bread and butter pickles, so it may be hit or miss with them. Regardless, I'll let you be part of the experience.
Lauren
![]() |
| Shrimp and Onion Mexican Pizza |
Since Laurie worked late last night, I was bored and decided to make Mexican pizza with the leftover fajita stuff from Saturday. I wish I could share the recipe with you, but I simply threw shrimp and onions in a pan, toasted tortillas, added a little shredded cheese and topped with pico de gallo and a fennel, cabbage and radish slaw I made this weekend. Sometimes the simplest things are the best, and I love playing "Chopped kitchen".
I also made pickles last night, and I promise I'll share the recipe with you tomorrow if they're any good. We're starting to have the same problem with cucumbers that we did last month with lettuce - way too much! It's my first time making bread and butter pickles, so it may be hit or miss with them. Regardless, I'll let you be part of the experience.
Lauren

No comments:
Post a Comment