Friday, June 13, 2014

And It Begins...

Our first produce box...yay!!!

Yesterday after work, I picked up the first box from the CSA.  I was afraid we would end up with a lousy box, and I was overjoyed when I got to the CSA drop point and found a beautiful head of lettuce, curly kale, garlic scapes, spring onions and my favorite, zucchini.

Since I was getting a late start on dinner, I decided to make a quick, easy stir fry with the zucchini from the box, carrots, peppers, broccoli, onions and mushrooms.  It doesn't happen often (I think Laurie was pretty shocked), but I wasn't really in the mood for meat last night.  Plus, I always like making stir fry because it gives me the chance to show off my knife skills.

Laurie needs to get on my knife skills level. :)
Tonight, I'm planning on preparing a steakhouse salad (making up for the meat I didn't eat last night) with the lettuce and spring onions from the box, sirloin strips, bacon and homemade blue cheese dressing.  If you're lucky, I might even share my blue cheese dressing recipe!  I think that Fridays are just made for a little indulgence, and I plan on stopping by the wine store to pick up a nice bottle of Cabernet to have with dinner.  Hey, what's life if you can't enjoy it a little bit?

I hope everyone has a happy Friday and a great weekend!  Maybe this rain will go away, so we can play outside.

Lauren


2 comments:

  1. I recommend a Malbec with your steak tonight! Can't wait to see more from your CSA adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tillmans would love your dressing recipe :)

    ReplyDelete